HOW TO USE
Which smartphones does InnoCaption support?
- Android phones (OS 4.0 or higher version)
- Apple iPhones (iOS 8.0 or higher version)
InnoCaption will not work on Windows or Blackberry phones.
Click here for recommendable phone list
What is required to use this technology?
The InnoCaption app functions with virtually any smartphone that utilizes Android or iPhone operating systems.
- Voice and data plan with your mobile network carrier
- Smartphone and mobile network carrier combination that carries simultaneous voice and data(SVD).
InnoCaption connects your call to a live stenographer who provides captions that are transmitted over the data channel at the same time as the voice of the other person is received on the voice channel. To learn more about simultaneous voice and data(SVD), click here (FAQs No.20).
Steps to get started using InnoCaption
- Register at www.innocaption.com/register/
- Download the InnoCaption app from Google Play Store (Android) or Apple App Store (iPhone).
- Then, you will have a new InnoCaption phone number
- Share the number with family, friends and others for captioned calls.
For User Manual
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
InnoCaption only provides IP-CTS. By law, InnoCaption is not and cannot be a substitute for CART or in-person transcription because those services are not covered under the TRS fund.
FCC differentiates between the IP CTS and CART (live-event captioning). CART provides a complete translation of all spoken words and environmental sounds for the benefit of an individual consumer or larger group in a variety of settings, including classrooms, courtrooms, religious services, conferences and so forth. CART is a fee-based service.